Information for Blind & Partially Sighted Passengers
Accessible travel for all is essential
for the comfort and safety of our passengers.
We would like to thank all our passengers
who have contributed by providing feedback which helps us to
improve on the service we deliver.
We also work with some amazing
organisations like The RNIB, Guide Dogs for the Blind and The FED
(Federation of disabled people). Their expertise, advise and
ongoing contributions have helped improve staff training and our
accessible travel initiatives.
What can we do to help?
- Large print timetables and information on
- Helping Hand cards -
- All our buses are Talking Buses
- Customer service teams trained in
accessibility- 01273 886200
- A full time accessibility officer- Victoria
- All Driver Training staff trained as Level 3
- All new drivers training as Level 1 My
- Drivers trained to assist passengers that are
Blind and partially sighted.
We are also proud to have signed up to the RNIB Bus
The Bus Charter promotes 13 objectives to
ensure Bus Companies are able provide Blind and Partially sighted
Watch the video
We will ensure for blind and partially sighted passengers:
- Automatically serve a stop if passengers are
waiting. No stop is a request stop.
- Advise which service they are and assist when
- Not pull way until the passenger is seated and
advise on available seats.
- Priority seating will continue to be clearly
marked and drivers will ensure that they assist passengers that may
- Talking bus announcements will be kept updated
and in full working order. If Talking bus not functioning the
driver will advise on request when at the passenger's
- At Metrobus we will continue to expand on our
Talking bus fleet. We are already 100% Talking Buses at Brighton
- That all feedback, as with all passengers, is
taken forward to help improve our service.
- We will continue to work with the RNIB and
other organisations to ensure that our information is accessible as
possible and our training is updated accordingly.
For any further information please call
our customer services team on 01273 886200.
Phone lines are open:
Mondays - Fridays ~ 7am - 7pm
Saturdays ~ 8:30am - 5:30pm
Sundays and Bank Holidays ~ 9:30am - 4:30pm
Alternatively contact our Accessibility Officer at